Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The things that I am...

I know that people say, "I am not what I do", but in a lot of ways, I feel like I do the things that I do because I love them, so they do define me.  There are so many facets to my life that I thought I should share a few with you, so that you can know where I am coming from in blog posts to come.

I am a family woman.  My family is everything to me.  My husband and my parents are my best friends.  I seriously love hanging out with my husband more than most things in life.  My favorite place to be in life is next to him on the couch watching a movie, or reading a book while he plays XBOX.  This is him, my Dave, and I love him A LOT!


My parents are seriously the best.  I may have under appreciated them when I was a teenager, (who didn't though,)  but I feel like I owe them everything now.  I live literally 2 minutes away from them, and we see them at least 2-3 times a week.  They watch my little one while I work part time, and my mom still cooks dinner every Sunday for everyone.


And obviously, from the blog name, I am a mom.  8 months ago, I gave birth to the most beautiful little angel there ever was!  I know this sounds cliche, and every parent feels this way, but seriously, he is.  And don't think that I'm not terrified that my next one will be a demon, since this one is so good, I fear it every day :)  AJ will be featured on here a lot since it's a mommy blog, so just a fair warning that you'll see this cute face quite a bit.


Besides those key players, there's also my 2 brothers, Justin and Cody, my sister in law Amanda, and my cousin Breezy and her family.  I love these people so much that I choose to hang out with them on a regular basis.  We do game nights, and dinner, and hang out just because we enjoy each others company.

I love to cook.
My mom is an amazing cook.  She pretty much rocks and making everything.  My Dad thinks he is Emeril Lagasse, always making crazy Creme Brules, or cheese pinwheels or fancy things like that.  So I definitely was taught well and have good genes I guess.  I cook a lot of comfort foods, and baked goods.  Oh, the baked goods!
Definitely not good for my waistline, but when someone eats something that I've made and loves it, it just makes my day!  I am an amateur cake decorator.  My dad and aunt have done wedding cakes for as long as I can remember, and now the torch has been passed to me!  I have done several wedding cakes, but it's definitely not something I could see myself doing professionally, way too stressful!


I am a media junkie.
Whether its movies, t.v., books or live shows, I love it.  My husband and I love to watch something and see if we can name the actors and everything else that they've been in, (IMdB is a good friend of mine).
I have always had a huge love for reading, ever since I was young thanks again to my mom.  I was obsessed with The Baby-sitters Club books, and moved on to John Grisham, then to Harry Potter, and now I read pretty much everything, or did, before I had a baby.  I always said that I will always make time to read, but I haven't so much lately, and that's something I'm trying to change.

A few others things that I am/do:
I am a crafter.  Anything that I can make myself, I usually do.  I am very inspired by Pinterest, and a little addicted to it too.  A lot of what you'll see on here will be recipes or crafts I have tried from Pinterest.

I am a proud Lutheran woman.  I love my church and Pastors, and with that being said, I am also very liberal politically, and I have found that those things can conflict a lot and that's something that I struggle with currently.

I am overweight, and not happy about that.  I am comfortable with and proud of my body, but that doesn't mean that I don't wish I was healthier, not only for myself but for my son and children to come.

I am a massage therapist, but that really is just what I do.  I like it a lot, and am very good at it, but it is not my passion, nor do I want to do it for life.  It is physically hard work, that takes a toll on my body, but it is flexible, and pretty stress free so it is a great job for me while I am trying to figure out what I want to be when I "grow up".  P.S.- The word masseuse is not OK with me.  It has a bad connotation, and implies that the massage will include things that it most certainly will not include.  Thank you!

Well, that's a few things about me and what this blog will generally be about.  Thanks for taking the time to read, and hopefully you will stop by in the future to get to know me and my life a little more.


1 comment: