Monday, December 10, 2012

Four Gifts

4 Christmas gifts.


Well, I was challenged by my favorite blogger Colleen Oakes over at The Ranunculus Adventure, who got an idea from one of her favorite bloggers Erika at Something Beautiful to do a blog about my 4 Christmas gifts.  I had heard of this idea this year to adopt with your children as a way to cut down on superfluous gifts and junk at Christmas.  I know that a lot of people use this idea as well.  Basically it's one gift they want, one they need, one they'll wear and one they'll read.  I love that it has a little of everything, and still gives the child room to make good choices.  Also, this way the list won't be just filled with video games. (Like my husbands and grown brothers lists are.)

Anyway, Erika and Colleen both came up with their 4 gift list, and challenged me to as well.  You know my thoughts on a list, but this one is for fun and really made me think.  Here goes!

One thing I want: A CHI hair straightener.  I have wanted one of these for years. I know that they are pretty much the top of the line for hair tools, and the one I have now is on its last leg.  Old, crappy, and covered in gunk.  If I didn't want one before, I definitely fell in love when I used Colleens on her hair last year at a girls night out.  They are awesome!

One thing I need:  New pans.  Once again, the ones I own are old and crappy, and you can only scorch  them so many times before you throw it at the wall trying to clean tomato soup off the bottom!  I have a cheap set of Farberware from when I first moved out, that has been supplemented over the years with a couple cool pieces from my mom.  Also, the only other thing that I "need" is a folding step ladder for my kitchen, and that's no fun.

One thing I'll wear: Well, I've noticed that I have developed a pattern the last few years.  I didn't notice till last year, but I'll admit it.  I have a coat problem.  4 years ago, I wanted an awesome hot pink wool coat from Target.  3 years ago, a fluffy white jacket that I spotted while on vacation in San Diego.  2 years ago, a red and white Columbia ski jacket, and last year, a black hooded peacoat.  I still have them all, (Thanks Mom) but every year I feel like something new.  I didn't ask for one this year on purpose, because I know I don't need one, even if I want one.  But if I did get one, this one from Lane Bryant is supercute!


And One thing I'll read:  Since the new Diana Gabaldon book doesn't come out until next fall, I think I would say that I would like a subscription to SELF magazine.  I used to get it and it's very motivational to me.


(Oh, Sarah Braverman, I love you!)


Funny Side note.  Colleen talked about how she sent her husband to her Pinterest page as a Christmas list for her.  While this is a great idea, here's why it doesn't work for me.  My mom actually told my husband to do that for my birthday, but here's what he found.  This gorgeous leather jacket, and beautiful purse.  What's the problem you say? Oh, only that they're crazy expensive!  I don't price check the things I post, I just pin them because they're pretty.  Really, it's not a logical or realistic pin board, it's a fantasy.  But in the Christmas of my dreams, these are under my tree!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I WANT THAT PINK PURSE!

    Of course, I always want to be just like you :) You are a trend setter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog :-) Always makes me giggle and think! I had never even heard about baby led weaning, but after reading your article about it, definitely something I will look into when (if) I get pregnant! Keep it up lady, love it!

    ReplyDelete